Regional writing groups, literary organisations and arts organisations in Victoria are able to apply for grants of $880 to subsidise literary activities in their area, thanks to the support of the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
Applicants must be current regional members of Writers Victoria (in the non-profit organisation or regional writers’ group membership category), and based in one of the 48 Local Government Authorities in Regional Victoria as listed on the Creative Victoria website.
If your organisation is not a member, please renew your membership or join us prior to submitting your application.
Terms and Conditions
In order to apply:
- Applicants must be regional members of Writers Victoria (in the non-profit organisation or writers’ group membership category)
- Only one application may be submitted per group or organisation
- All activities must take place in Victoria between May and December 2019. Activities cannot be supported retrospectively
- The grant must be used (in part or in full) for artist fees
- Proposal that clearly respond to a community need will be highly regarded.
- Small grant funds can be used to complement funds/in-kind support from other sources
If successful, your group or organisation will be responsible for:
- Contracting your author or speaker
- Using the grant to go towards costs related to the writer’s fee, travel and accommodation
- Providing a safe and accessible venue for the event
- Coordinating bookings for the event (you are encouraged to charge an entry fee to help cover your costs)
- Crediting Writers Victoria and the Grace Marion Wilson Trust in all publicity for the event
- Distributing Writers Victoria evaluation forms at your event and returning them to Writers Victoria
- Completing an artistic and financial report (acquittal) by the 15 January 2020
All activities must take place in regional Victoria (within one of the 48 Local Government Authorities in Regional Victoria listed, as listed on the Creative Victoria website).
How to apply
The number of grants is limited, and applications will be assessed as they arrive. Grants will be allocated to the first ten applications that meet the requirements. Writers Victoria is particularly keen to see applications from groups that have not received funding before, as well as from previous recipients seeking to deliver literary activities in new areas.
All funding allocation decisions will be final. Feedback may be provided on request.