Regional writing groups, literary organisations and arts organisations in Victoria are able to apply for grants of $880 to subsidise literary activities in their area, thanks to the support of the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
Applicants must be current regional members of Writers Victoria (in the non-profit organisation or regional writers’ group membership category), and based in one of the 48 Local Government Authorities in Regional Victoria as listed on the Creative Victoria website.
If your organisation is not a member, please renew your membership or join us prior to submitting your application.
Due to government public health directives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, funding may also be used towards delivery of an online event, such as a webinar. If you would like to use a small grant to deliver an online workshop/webinar to your writing community, please contact our Program Manager, Kate, to discuss the options.
For general queries about the Regional Small Grants program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
In order to apply:
- Applicants must be regional members of Writers Victoria (in the non-profit organisation or writers’ group membership category).
- Only one application may be submitted per group or organisation.
- All activities must take place in Victoria between May and December 2020. Activities cannot be supported retrospectively.
- The grant must be used (in part or in full) for artist fees.
- Proposals that clearly respond to a community need will be highly regarded.
- Small grant funds can be used to complement funds/in-kind support from other sources.
- To be eligible for funding, proposed activities need to comply with government public health directives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If successful, your group or organisation will be responsible for:
- Contracting your author or speaker.
- Using the grant to go towards costs related to the writer’s fee, travel and accommodation.
- Providing a safe, accessible venue or online platform for the event.
- Coordinating bookings for the event (you are encouraged to charge an entry fee to help cover your costs).
- Crediting Writers Victoria and the Grace Marion Wilson Trust in all publicity for the event.
- Distributing Writers Victoria evaluation forms at your event and returning them to Writers Victoria.
- Completing an artistic and financial report (acquittal) by 15 January 2021.
All activities must take place in regional Victoria (within one of the 48 Local Government Authorities in Regional Victoria listed, as listed on the Creative Victoria website).
Writers Victoria will be happy to assist organisations to deliver online workshops for their local writing community with the small grants funds.
How to apply
The number of grants is limited, and applications will be assessed as they arrive. Grants will be allocated to the first ten applications that meet the requirements. Writers Victoria is particularly keen to see applications from groups that have not received funding before, as well as from previous recipients seeking to deliver literary activities in new areas.
To apply, please complete the online application form. Applications will close when the grants have been allocated or at 5pm 31 May 2020.
All funding allocation decisions will be final. Feedback may be provided on request.