This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
You will learn:
- The key elements of a Coming of Age novel
- Excellent examples of the genre, for both YA and adult audiences
- How to think about and show character development and growth
- Strategies to compel and engage readers in the emotional growth of your character
- Practical tools and advice for getting the words down, and the project completed!
Laptop or writing materials, a favourite Coming of Age novel in whatever way you’d like to interpret it, and an elevator pitch of their current WIP or idea
About Kate Mildenhall
Kate Mildenhall is the author of Skylarking (Black Inc., 2016) and The Mother Fault (Simon & Schuster, 2020). She co-hosts The First Time podcast, a podcast about the first time you publish a book. Kate lives in Hurstbridge on Wurundjeri lands, with her partner and two children.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.