This workshop will take place online. Detailed instruction for participation will be provided.
You will learn:
- We’ll look at the tropes and cliches of horror fiction and why they are important
- You’ll identify your own important themes, motivations and fears
- We’ll look at ways into your story using the emotions of horror fiction
- You’ll think about best voice for your story
- We’ll talk about how to twist those tropes and cliches towards a piece of original fiction
Please bring along writing materials and a few thoughts about things that you fear.
About Kaaron Warren
Shirley Jackson award-winner Kaaron Warren published her first short story in 1993 and has had fiction in print every year since. She has published five multi-award winning novels (Slights, Walking the Tree, Mistification, The Grief Hole and Tide of Stone) and seven short story collections, including the multi-award winning Through Splintered Walls.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.