Please note: this workshop will take place online
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, suggestions, writing tips and learned lessons shared around showing and not telling
- A suggested annotated reading list of excellent examples to enjoy - and mine for your own purposes!
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback on a piece of writing up to 500 words OR a synopsis of up to 2 pages where Penni will give guidance on further redrafting and how to professionally position your writing for the market
- How to identify the elements of story – character, plot, dialogue, main idea, point of view – which can be isolated and reviewed.
- How to use practical tools for re-drafting, including synopsis, timelines, chapter breakdowns, character tracking.
- How to review and edit your work through practical exercises.
- How to professionally position and discuss your work.
- How to apply these methods to future writing.
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Penni Russon
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Penni Russon
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces or no-more-than 2 page synopsis to be sent to Penni by Friday 24 April. Feedback to be returned by Friday 1 May.
About Penni Russon
Penni Russon is an award-winning author of several novels for children and young adults, including the Undine trilogy, Only Ever Always and The Endsister. She has also worked as a freelance editor and currently teaches creative writing at the University of Melbourne.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.