Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, suggestions, writing tips and lessons for picking up your pacing and yanking your reader into the story
- A suggested annotated reading list of excellent examples
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Fiona on a piece of writing up to 500 words
- Understand the importance of theme
- The tools for creating well-motivated characters
- How plot and character provide tension
- The tools to generate and maintain tension.
- How to show not tell in narrative and the importance of real dialogue
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Fiona Lowe
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Fiona Lowe
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Fiona by Friday 7 May for feedback
About Fiona Lowe
Fiona Lowe has been a midwife, a sexual health counsellor and a family support worker; an ideal career for an author who writes novels about family and relationships. A recipient of the prestigious USA RITA® award and the Australian RuBY award, Fiona's books are set in small country towns and feature real people facing tough choices. When she's not writing, she's a distracted wife, a mother of sons, a volunteer in her community, guardian of 80 rose bushes, slave to a cat and is often found collapsed on the couch with wine.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.