You’ll find out what the judges want, and how to make your story stand out from the crowd.
You will learn
- how to structure a short story
- to add life and colour to your descriptions
- to avoid cliched storylines
- how to address competition requirements
- tricks to creating interesting characters.
About Vikki Petraitis
Vikki Petraitis is a bestselling author, has judged writing competitions for many years and shares an insider’s point of view on what helps entries to stand out from the crowd. Vikki has written 13 books, mostly in the true crime genre, and is working on her PhD in Creative Writing.
Read more about our Writers on Wednesdays events:
Writers on Wednesdays: E-Publishing, 28 February
Writers on Wednesdays: Book Reviewing, 28 March
Writers on Wednesdays: Before You Pitch, 18 April
Writers on Wednesday: The Freelance Marketplace, 27 June
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|