Submissions open from 1 October to 30 October 2020
The inaugural Little Hare Prize for Illustration by Hardie Grant Children’s Publishing is opening soon for submissions.
The Little Hare Prize for Illustration has been established by Hardie Grant Children’s Publishing to inspire new work from unpublished and emerging artists.
Awarded annually, the winner will receive a publishing contract and full editorial support to illustrate a new story for Little Hare.
The Little Hare Prize for Illustration is open to artists of all backgrounds – from budding illustrators to college graduates, from graphic designers to fine artists. To be eligible for the prize, artists should not have illustrated more than one picture book with a trade publisher.
Artists are asked to create artwork for a story contracted to Little Hare. To be considered, artists must submit the following pieces:
- One to three pages of character sketches that show your character development.
- One rough double-page black-and-white sketch that demonstrates your ability to interpret the narrative.
- One double-page final colour illustration that shows your final artwork.
From 1 October, download the story page (visit this page to download). Please note that the text will only be made available once the prize opens on 1 October. When you are ready to submit your work, visit this page and hit the submittable link.
The key dates for the 2020 Little Hare Prize for Illustration are as follows:
- Entries open: Thursday 1 October
- Entries close: Friday 30 October
- Shortlist announced: Early November
- Winner announced: Late November
For more information and submissions, visit: https://www.hardiegrant.com/au/hardie-grant-childrens-publishing/little-hare-illustration-prize