Writers Victoria welcomes pitches and submissions to our in-house print magazine ‘The Victorian Writer’.
We strongly advise all who submit that they read the most recent issues of ‘The Victorian Writer’ to acquaint themselves with material the magazine has previously published, and check out our upcoming themes.
- Dec-Jan: Bold & Brilliant – submissions closed
- Feb-Mar: Tension – creating tension, drama, dealing with tension as a writer - submissions closed
- Apr-May: Writing change – cli fi, writing as power, power of writing, writing as activism ... deadline 27 Feb
- Jun-Sep: Sense and Sensibilities - sensory/sensual writing, writing emotions, sensitivity reading, writers’ sensibilities (all the feels), and yes, we'll even consider Jane Austen fan fic - deadline 23 April
- Oct/Nov: Chrysalis - emerging writers, emerging from the margins, new beginnings; includes Grace Marion Wilson Emerging Writers prize winners
We accept non-fiction, articles and extracts up to 2000 words.
Submissions of fiction and memoir are open to Writers Victoria members only.
All submissions should include your name, contact information, as well as the title of your piece.
To submit an article pitch or something you’ve already written, click here.
Please note, we do get many submissions and may not be able to respond with feedback in all instances.
What we pay
Member submissions – $75–$125
Commissions – $150–$250
(Rates can vary depending on each issue's budget.)